Champlain Lung Health – Intake & Referral (CLH), represents a single access point to community lung health programs for people with COPD with one form, and one fax number. You can find the referral form here and fax the completed form to our office at 613-774-7235 (Toll-free: 1-833-384-9993).
Please be advised, due to the COVID -19 virus some services may temporarily be suspended or delayed.
Once you refer a client to CLH, you will receive a fax confirming your referral has been received. The community lung health program will contact your client to set up an appointment and will report back to you regarding the status of your client’s referral.
Community lung health programs are available to adults diagnosed with COPD; programs provide the education and support needed to manage COPD.
There are three community lung health programs offering services at over 16 locations across Champlain, including Lanark County, the Ottawa area and Cornwall. Click here to find program locations and services. The community lung health programs provide a range of services including assessment, education, pulmonary rehabilitation, and ongoing follow up.
Funding for this program is provided by the Champlain LHIN. The three partner Community Lung Health Programs are:
- Lanark Renfrew Lung Health Program, based at the North Lanark Community Health Centre
- Ottawa Community Lung Health Program, a program of the Somerset West Community Health Centre
- Cornwall Community Lung Health Program, based at the Seaway Valley Community Health Centre
Facts on community lung health services:
- Referring a client is easy with the printable referral form.
- Program staff include Certified Respiratory Educators (CRE), such as a Nurse Practitioners (NP) and/or Registered Respiratory Therapists.
- Clients who are referred will receive individualized and/or group sessions. The educators assess client needs and use a combination of clinical knowledge and health coaching to facilitate learning and enhance self-management skills.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation (PR) and Maintenance PR is available at some locations.
- Visit the lung health toolkit online for more information and resources.